THE PROJECT COMPRISED OF THE CONSTRUCTION OF A 121 BEDROOM PREMIER INN HOTEL INCLUDING A WHITBREAD ‘TIME’ RESTAURANT FACILITY. THE PROJECT INCORPORATED MODERN METHODS OF CONSTRUCTION AND WAS PROCURED VIA A DESIGN AND CONSTRUCT ARRANGEMENT.
The accommodation within the new hotel comprised of 121 ensuite bedrooms, Time Restaurant, lift and stairwell cores, corridors, laundry rooms and staff areas.
The building was constructed using a reinforced concrete basement and transfer structure to the ground floor area together with a five storey timber frame structure to the hotel accommodation above. The lift and stairwell cores were formed with structural steel framing. The external envelope of the building was finished with a combination of facing brickwork, rockpanel rainscreen cladding, aluminium windows and curtain walling to the ground floor façade elevation.
Key Features of the project were:
- Reinforced concrete framed basement and transfer structure to first floor level
- Cantilevered sheet piling and capping beam support to the perimeter of building
- Five storey timber frame hotel structure
- Formation of a restaurant facility
- Site located in busy City centre location with limited access for construction and material delivery
- Pre-fabricated bathroom pods installed
- Design and Construct form of procurement