Barnes Construction is the largest division of The Barnes Group Limited and offers a comprehensive professional construction service. The business is very proud of its commitment to its employees and actively encourages professional and personal development. Since its formation in 1978, the Company has established itself as a client-focused building contractor, completing a wide range of contracts for blue chip and repeat business clients. The business is based at its Head Office in Ipswich, but operates throughout the UK on a wide range of projects, mainly within the Health, Leisure, Education, Retail and Commercial sectors.
Barnes Construction undertake new build and refurbishment projects in a typical project value range from £0.5m - £15m in all the major sectors including commercial, educational, industrial, leisure, health and social housing. We are looking to add a multi-skilled tradesperson to our direct labour team.
Key attributes for the Role
- Ideally time-served and able to carry out a range of skills to include plastering/making good, wall tiling and decorating.
- Able to demonstrate experience of high quality work on a wide range of tasks and projects.
- A keen eye for detail with the ability to meet project deadlines.
- Be able to work independently but also work well in a team.
- Carry a full UK driving license and be willing to travel.
- CSCS card is desirable as well as any other job related training such as Working at Heights, First Aid etc.
- Terms and Conditions will generally be in accordance with the CIJC standard industry terms.
- Training and van provided.
If you are interested in the above position, applications should in the first instance be made in writing enclosing a current CV marked ‘For the attention of Mr K Tyrrell, Senior Contracts Manager’ to the address below or by email to:
6 Bermuda Road
All applicants will be treated in the strictest confidence. Barnes Construction is an Equal Opportunities Employer.