THE PROJECT COMPRISED OF RECONFIGURATION AND UPGRADE TO EXISTING KITCHEN, HALL EXTENSION, RELOCATION OF PLAYGROUND AND CONSTRUCTION OF A NEW 4 CLASSROOM EXTENSION BLOCK. THE PROJECT WAS PROCURED VIA AN NEC PARTNERING CONTRACT UNDER A FRAMEWORK ARRANGEMENT.
The work was carried with the emphasis on minimal disruption to the operation of the school. Electric and gas service upgrades were undertaken during the summer holiday along with the relocation of the school playground and associated landscaping. The hall extension was undertaken inside a very confined footprint to maintain clear access to the front of the school. The main building extension provided 4 teaching spaces, staffroom, interview meeting room, server room and external covered teaching area.
Key Features of the project were:
- Coordination and management of services upgrades
- Works carried out in a coordinated way to minimise disruption to the school
- Relocation of IT suite and server room
- Extensive solar PV and roof light installation
- Professional catering kitchen
- Project delivered both within budget and to programme
- SmarteEast Framework Design and Build