Barnes Construction is the largest division of The Barnes Group Limited and offers a comprehensive professional construction service. The Group is very proud of its commitment to its employees and actively encourages professional and personal development. Since its formation in 1978, the Company has established itself as a client-focused building contractor, completing a wide range of contracts for blue chip and repeat business clients. The business is based at its Head Office in Ipswich, but operates throughout the UK. Barnes Construction is committed to good practice in Health & Safety and has established an extremely good record in this area.
Barnes Construction undertakes new build and refurbishment projects in a typical project value range from £0.5m - £15m in all the major sectors including commercial, educational, industrial, leisure, health and social housing.
Key attributes for the Role
- Work under the supervision of our construction planning team who will provide the training and guidance necessary in order to fully develop the skills required to fulfil the aspects of this role.
- Ability to work as a key part of the team.
- Ability to prepare construction type programmes.
- Experience in using ASTA PowerProject software would be an advantage.
- Able to produce project specific method statements.
- Ability to prepare site logistic layout plans for presentation documents.
- Capability to prepare scaffolding schedules and source quotations.
- Ability to identify temporary works requirements and source quotations as required.
- Review project craneage and any specialist material handling requirements and source quotations as appropriate.
- Attendance of Pre Contracts Department meetings, internal tender review meetings and the tender finalisation meeting.
- Attendance of any mid tender or post tender interviews as required including preparation of presentation information.
- Display a pro-active and non-adversarial approach.
- Ensure that good Client relations are developed and maintained.
- Report to the Construction Planner regarding workload management and distribution.
The company actively encourages continued training and offers realistic long-term career opportunities throughout the Group. The position reflects this ethos and attracts the usual fringe benefits of a competitive salary, contributory pension, bonus scheme, life assurance, annual holidays and car allowance.
If you are interested in the above position, applications should, in the first instance, be made in writing enclosing a current CV to the address below or by e-mail to:
Mr Chris Bruce
Divisional Pre-Contracts Director
6 Bermuda Road
Suffolk IP3 9RU
Closing date for applications is Friday 6 April 2018
All applicants will be treated in the strictest confidence. Barnes Construction is an Equal Opportunities Employer.