(BIM) Building Information Modelling
To ensure we achieved BIM Level 2 capability and experience by Central Government’s target of 2016, we implemented our BIM programme
With full Board approval, we have a BIM Policy and Action Plan fully supported by a comprehensive Implementation Programme. We have completed the NFB BIM Exemplar programme.
BIM Achievements thus far including:
- Developed strategic BIM implementation policies fully backed by the Board of Directors
- Appointed a BIM Manager to push forward our BIM programme
- Prepared a comprehensive BIM Action Plan supported by a full implementation programme with progress monitoring capability
- Selected a project from one of our Design & Construct Frameworks on which to use as a full BIM designed trial project with external consultants and have used lessons learnt to move forward with the next scheme
- We have set up an extensive and comprehensive BIM Training and CPD programme utilising our consultant experiences
- Facilitated full employee access to key BIM guidance documents via SharePoint
- As part of our BIM Trial Project we have prepared a comprehensive BIM Execution Plan in line with PAS 1192:2
- Our IT Manager is providing IT support and advice to our BIM Design Partners and this cooperation will be extended to key supply chain members as they come on board.